This post will be my a small (and very personal) guide on the places that most fascinated, the restaurants, pubs and trattorie that I higly recommend in Florence.The transport company is called ATAF and the app you can download it here
• Ponte Vecchio, it’s ridicoulos hot famous it is and of course is worth seeing. Don’t forget to caress boar that brings good luck.
• Piazza della Signoria
• Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore
• Piazza Santa Croce. My favorite is the church of Santa Croce where Stendhal was struck by the syndrome that today takes its name.
• Oblate, a former convent, is now a library. Go up on the top floor and enjoy a drink on the large terrace.
• Piazza Santo Spirito, beautiful in the evening, with large numbers of people who took advantage of the large square to make an aperitif, beautiful in daylight too.
• Lungarno. After the Ponte Vecchio this is the second must see in the city. Highly recommended at sunset where the colors are amazing.
• Market of San Lorenzo, the fur trade, every day only during the day.
• Piazzale Michelangelo. You can get there by feet or with a bus. You see all of Florence from above. Day or night the show is guaranteed.
• Palazzo Pitti
• Garden Bardini
• Boboli Gardens
WHERE TO EAT
• Absolutely Trattoria da Mario near San Lorenzo Market. It ‘s my favorite place, I recommend it to everyone and everyone likes it. Open only for lunch, do a little ‘in a row, you sit with others and is soooo good. Prohibited ask ketchup, mayonnaise and well cooked Florentine: they send you to hell literally.
• Vico del Carmine
• The pizzaiuolo
• Riva Reno
• Vivoli, try the pistachio!
• Gelateria de ‘Medici